Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
- 3 roast red peppers
- 5 medium fresh tomatoes
- 2-6 cloves of garlic (to your liking)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bunch of basil
- 2 cups liquid stock (chicken or veg)
- Serve with: fresh baguette with butter
- Add peppers, tomatoes, garlic to roasting dish and drizzle with olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 1h at 375F
- Let cool then blend until smooth
- Place blended mixture in pot then add liquid stock and half the basil
- Heat on medium for 15 minutes
- Serve in soup bowl, garnish with basil and serve with a freshly toasted baguette (optional)
This recipe is great for making ahead of time and keeps for up to 5-7 days in the fridge. Be sure to store separately from garnish.
Alternative cooking method: Blend roasted peppers, garlic, 1-2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes (this allows you to skip the roasting step), salt, pepper, basil. Add to soup pot with liquid stock and olive oil.
This recipe is dairy free but can also be made with heavy cream (1/2 cup) if desired.
Other garnish options: basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, sun dried tomatoes, slices of roasted pepper, feta, parmesan cheese, pesto, swirl of garlic olive oil.
Other serving options: toasted baguette, garlic bread, naan, grilled cheese sandwich.